Home School Agreement
TOGETHER we will strive to fulfil the school code:
- Be polite, friendly and helpful to each other.
- Be kind and caring in all we do and say.
- Have respect for and celebrate others’ culture, race, feelings, beliefs and values.
- Take care of things which belong to ourselves and others.
- Keep our school tidy so that it is a pleasant place to be.
- Work hard to achieve and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Appreciate and celebrate the achievements of others as well as ourselves.
In addition, we expect:
PUPIL: I will
- Be smart and presentable by wearing the school uniform.
- Have high expectations of myself by showing determination, independence and resilience.
- Accept responsibility for the things I do.
- Ask for help if I need it.
- Behave in a safe way.
- Tell a member of staff if I am worried or unhappy.
THE PARENTS / CARERS: I /We will
- Make sure my child arrives at school on time, ready to learn, is properly equipped and in the correct school uniform.
- Make sure my child attends regularly and inform the school of reasons for absence.
- Telephone school before 9:30am on the first morning of my child’s absence and each day after this.
- Ensure that the school know about alternative pick up arrangements by 2:45 pm.
- Inform the school of any concerns or worries that may affect my child’s learning, well-being, behaviour or their ability to do homework.
- Support the school’s code and policies for behaviour
- Support my children in home learning tasks, and other opportunities for home learning. Ensure that homework tasks are completed and returned on time; this includes daily reading.
- Ensure books are returned promptly and replace any damaged or lost books.
- Attend all consultation evenings and discussions about my child’s progress.
- Encourage a positive attitude towards my child’s education, our school and staff. If I have any concerns, I will discuss them in a calm, respectful and civilised manner.
- Not use intimidating language or behaviour on school premises or within electronic media including Face Book, Twitter etc.
- Support the school by encouraging my child to develop a positive attitude towards our diverse, multi-cultural community.
- Ensure the school has the correct personal information on file (e.g. address, phone numbers and emails) by informing the school of changes and completing the personal information record.
- Read all information sent home and the school’s website; as this provides important details of relevant policies, meetings, workshops, activities, newsletters and open days.
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour.
- Try to involve myself positively and proactively in my child’s life at Clipstone Brook Lower School.
- Encourage my child to participate in extended opportunities.
THE SCHOOL will:
- Contact parents/carers if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality or equipment.
- Contact parents on the first day of unauthorised absence if no contact has been made.
- Let parents know about any changes or problems with their child’s work or behaviour.
- Send home an annual Record of Achievement.
- Inform parents/carers of arrangements for home-learning.
- Arrange consultations evenings during which their child’s progress will be discussed.
- Keep parents/carers informed about teaching topics for each term, school activities and special events.
- Provide a broad, balanced and motivational curriculum.
- Keep parents informed about school activities via texts, letters, notices and the school website.