OUR GOVERNING BODY
We are very fortunate to have a governing body that consists of representatives from parents, staff, the Local Authority (LA) and members from the local community. They have a wide range of skills and expertise and are absolutely passionate about serving their community and obtaining the absolute best for every child.
Our governors provide an exceptional level of challenge and support our school on a voluntary basis with the sole ambition of raising standards and achievement.
The role the Local Governing Body is to:
- monitor and be accountable for the performance and standards of the school to Ofsted
- govern exclusions in accordance with appropriate regulations
- consider budget monitoring information and proposals
- act as a critical friend to the Headteacher
- represent the views of the community
- supports and challenges pupil performance and standards
- knows the strengths and weaknesses of the school
- manages the behaviour and safety of its pupils
- supports the Headteacher in leading the staff
Full Governors and committee meetings are held once a term. Minutes from these meetings are available for viewing on request.
Most queries about Clipstone Brook and the progress or welfare of any individual child should be directed to the school itself.
If you do need to contact the Governing Body then letters should be sent for our attention to the school.
Our Governing Body
|Ms L Winton||Chair of Governors|
|Mr K Ferguson|
|Mr S Clawley|
|Mr R Dowling|
|Mr P Thomas|
|Mrs K Pearce|
|Mr M Safique|
|Mrs C Bordiak|
|Ms J Sinclair-Gunn||Staff|
|Mrs S Reay||Head Teacher|
|Clerk of Governors|
We currently have three co-opted Governor vacancies.
Please see The Role of the Parent Governor if you are interested in finding out about the role.